Master of Customs, Taxation and International Trade Law (MCA)
Online Master’s degree for future strategic managers in customs
The MCA-programme is an executive Master’s course which is offered online. It aims to prepare customs practitioners in the public and private sectors for the role of strategic manager. Graduates will gain the unique degree "Master of Customs Administration" (MCA) awarded by the University of Münster in Germany. The course has been officially recognised by both the World Customs Organisation and European Commission as complying with their standards for customs Master’s degrees.
The Master of Customs, Taxation and International Trade Law is part-time and lasts 20 months. It consists of monthly seminars held online and self-study. The programme is organised in such a way that it does not interfere in your working time or holidays. It is practice-based and focusses on problem-solving, optimising processes und ensuring compliance. Thereby, it can help participants find ways of saving time and costs for their organisations. The MCA-programme is offered by the University of Münster in cooperation with the AWA AUSSENWIRTSCHAFTS-AKADEMIE GmbH.
important information at a glance
- Start: October 2020 (planned)
- Degree: Master of Customs Administration (MCA), 60 ECTS
- Duration: 20 months
- Study location: Online participation
- Language: English
Students must be able to follow lectures and participate in oral class discussions, hold presentations and present written papers and examinations.
- Cost: 19,800 € in three installments or one-off payment before the start of studies with 5 percent discount (18,810)
- Deadline for applications: 30 September
The course is open to customs practitioners from the private and public sectors. The target group includes:
- the employees of commercial companies
- customs brokers
- officials from customs administrations
- financial and business ministries
- regional and international organizations
The course will consist of the following monthly seminars:
- Introductory seminar: module topics and scientific method
- Module 1: World Trade Organization and International Commercial Law
- Module 2: International Customs instruments and European Customs Legislation
- Module 3: International and European Tax Law
- Module 4: Supply Chain Security and Trade Facilitation
- Module 5: Global Customs Compliance
- Final seminar: Reflection on module topics in preparation for the final thesis
The online lectures are held three Saturdays a month. In addition, the online exams also take place on a Saturday.
- Module 6: Transfer Project
- Module 7: Master's Thesis
A four year university degree related to law, customs or international trade with 240 credits and at least one year’s customs-related work experience.
Applicants with a three year degree (180 ECTS points) can also apply provided they have at least three years’ customs-related work experience.
- Application Form (Request the application form at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Certified copy of the degree certificates (including individual grades)
- in the case of Bachelor and Master degrees: a certified copy of the Diploma Supplement or evidence of the ECTS grading table
- if applicable, a certified copy of the doctoral certificate
The copies are to be certified by a notary, a municipal authority, the body which issued the certificate, or a court clerk.
Deadline for applications: 30 September
Please send your application folder to:
AWA AUSSENWIRTSCHAFTS-AKADEMIE GmbH
Request information material and registration form
If you are interested in applying for a place, just write a short e-mail to email@example.com or fill out our contact form. We will gladly send you extensive information material as well as the application form.
The MCA course has been recognised at national, European and international levels by:
- AQAS e.V. agency for quality assurance in Germany.
- World Customs Organization (WCO) as fulfilling its PICARD Professional Standards for Strategic Managers
- European Commission as fulfilling the requirements of the EU Customs Competency Framework
Follow us on LinkedIn
The MCA is now also represented on LinkedIn. Follow our page and get the latest updates around the MCA!