Distance-Learning Course in Value-Added Tax (VAT)
VAT made easy
The AWA Distance-Learning Course in VAT offers an introduction to dealing with the VAT payable on international transactions involving goods and services. A thorough knowledge of VAT regulations is needed to clear goods efficiently in respect of intra-Community trade and trade with third countries.
- Introduction to VAT
- Foundations of VAT law - an overview
- VAT in intra-Community trade
- VAT in trade with third countries
- Chain and triangular transactions
- Overview of other services in the internal market
- Other services in the internal market – relationship to third countries
- Formalities and obligations in the taxation procedure
- Special areas – fiscal representation, statistics, VAT
- Warehousing rules
- Customs and VAT
- Are you employeed in the fields of import and export, customs or logistics? Then this course will prepare you for VAT!
- The course starts on either the 1st of June and the 1st of December each year
- 2,190 euros payble in three instalments of 790 euros each
- In eleven comprehensive units, you will be taught the background, practice and interrelationships of VAT in international trade. The learning materials can be sent to you by email (as a PDF file) or by post (as a hardcopy). Units are distributed every two weeks.
- Once you have completed the final unit, the examination will be held during May / November. On passing the examination, you will be awarded the certificate "Graduate of the Distance-Learning Course in VAT at the AWA AUSSENWIRTSCHAFTS-AKADEMIE GmbH", which documents your newly acquired qualifications and corresponds to the rules of the Distance E-Learning Forum.