Master in Customs and
Supply Chain Compliance
International Master's Programme
Together with the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, the AWA FOREIGN TRADE ACADEMY offers the international course "Master in Customs and Supply Chain Compliance". This part-time Master's programme conveys extensive knowledge in the fields of customs law, supply chain management as well as information and compliance.
Compliance with legal regulations is nowadays a core requirement of cross-border trade. Only those who have mastered customs and foreign trade regulations and apply them in compliance with the law can plan, design and continuously optimise economic processes in a long-term and future-proof manner. In addition, a company that can prove its compliance is a trustworthy business partner. In view of the complexity of international trade, this proof can only be ensured with the help of IT-based compliance management systems.
Important information at a glance
- Starting date: October 2019
- Degree: Part-time Executive Master
- Duration: Three years
- Study location: Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Language: English
- Deadline for applications: 1 August 2019
- Admission requirements:
- A Bachelor or Master of Science (MSc) degree and relevant professional experience of at least three years
- Affinity with supply chain management, IT or audit as well as experience in Customs
- Official transcript and certified copy of your undergraduate or graduate degree from a university or higher professional education institution (equivalent to Dutch hbo-level)
- Language: Non-native English speakers may be required to provide the results of a TOEFL or IELTS test.
- Tuition fees: 27,500 € (Please contact us for scholarship opportunities.)
- Flexibility through part-time studies
- Personal and professional supervision of the students
- Access to a professional network of customs experts
- International and European Customs regulations
- Customs and trade
- International customs law and European law
- Harmonized System
- Rules of origin and customs value
- Customs procedures and procedures
- Customs Suspension
- Excise duties and value-added tax
- Non-tax customs legislation
- Future European legal framework and initiatives
- Regulatory framework for international trade
- Supranational Institutions in International Trade
- International sales contracts
- International conventions for transportation of international trade
Supply Chain management
- Design of logistics systems
- Design of transport systems
- Transport operations
- Multimodality and synchromodality
- Case: „Extended Gate Concept“
- International trade and supply chain management
- Location choice, geopolitics and international business economics
- Supply chain management as a design problem
- Partner choice, certification, and authorised economic operator (AEO)
- Supply chain security
- Tax Efficient Supply Chain Management (TESCM)
Information And Compliance
- Information systems and Information architecture
- Development lifecycles of information systems
- Information quality
- Inter-organisational systems and interoperability
- Basics of information security and information security-risk assessment
- IT sourcing choices and risks
- Administrative organisation and internal control
- Co-ordinated border management: „Single Window“
- Administrative organisation and internal control
- Control monitoring and compliance by design
- Regulatory compliance, self-regulation and responsive regulation
- Fraud Triangle, psychology of influencing compliance behavior and soft controls
Customs regulations, supply chain management and IT-based compliance
Master students acquire knowledge in the areas of customs law, supply chain management and IT-based compliance. As a graduate of the English-language Master's program, you will learn how to optimally organize customs clearance in your company as a customs specialist and/or manager. The focus of the part-time Master's programme is on international trade and cooperation between customs practitioners in the public and private sectors.
Exchange with experts from customs, business and consulting
Renowned lecturers and guest speakers will provide you with new knowledge and new perspectives in the Master's programme. The "Master in Customs and Supply Chain Compliance" also brings together experts from customs, business and consulting. As a Master's student, you discuss at a high professional level. You will expand your professional network and make new contacts for your professional and personal success. You will gain access to an academic and economic network of international customs experts and managers, which will enable you to keep pace with the latest findings in international trade.
Recognized by the World Customs Organization
Renowned lecturers and guest speakers impart new knowledge and open up new perspectives. The "Master in Customs and Supply Chain Compliance" thus fulfils the international requirements for employees working in the customs sector.
Request information material
Are you interested in the "Master in Customs and Supply Chain Compliance"?
Simply write a short e-mail to email@example.com or fill out the following contact form. We will then send you extensive information material.
Info session dates
The University of Rotterdam will provide detailed information about the course in a webinar. Next date on:
Wednesday, 28. August from 12.30 to 13 o'clock
Economic operators involved in imports and/or exports, customs officers, legal advisors or political decision-makers, IT developers in the logistics and retail sectors, IT auditors, logistics optimisation experts, compliance officers, etc.