Distance-learning in export controls
Ensure compliance with export law
AWA offers the first officially certified and accredited distance learning course for export controls in Germany. Nine detailed training units examine the purpose, operation and context of export controls. The training materials are available as PDF files (by email) or as hardcopies (by post). The training units are sent to you every two weeks. The knowledge contained in these units provides an ideal basis for processing exports and ensuring compliance within the company.
Distance learning increasingly utilises e-learning components, including participant discussion forums, live chats with trainers and webinars. Both the chat function and discussion forums use the “Moodle” learning platform. We also provide a customs glossary and list of abbreviations so you can quickly look up the technical terms you need.
Aim of the distance-learning course
The AWA distance-learning course on export controls provides an introduction to the complex regulations governing the export of listed and unlisted goods in order to help individuals and companies avoid committing criminal offences unwittingly. The course also explains how US export control law affects German exports – which should not be underestimated.
Subjects of the course
- Introduction to export controls
- Export list and licencing requirements for the export of listed and unlisted goods
- Export procedures under the Union Customs Code, EU Dual-Use Regulation and German Foreign Trade Act (“AWG”) / German Foreign Trade Ordinance (“AWV”)
- Technology transfer/technical support/brokering
- Country and person lists/embargos/ process organisation
- Risk of individuals and the company committing criminal offences
- Organisation of export controls within the company
- US export control law: Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”)
- US export control law: International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”)
The distance-learning course is aimed at employees working in import and export, customs or logistics.
The distance-learning course is only available in German. You can register for the course by signing the distance-learning contract. To request this, simply send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final test takes place in March/September. Once you have passed the test we will send you a certificate of your newly acquired qualification which complies with the requirements of the Forum DistancE-Learning association in Germany.
Start and duration
The course starts each year on 1 May and 1 November. The distance learning course on export controls lasts five months.
payable in 3 instalments of 790,00 euros (plus 19% VAT)
Dipl.-Finanzwirt (FH) // Master of Customs Administration (MCA)
AWB Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH // Münster
Dr. Klaus Pottmeyer
Rechtsanwalt // Düsseldorf
CEO/Partner of AWB Steuerberatungsgesellschaft mbH // CEO of AWA FOREIGN TRADE ACADEMY
OStA, Generalbundesanwaltschaft // Karlsruhe
Dipl.-Finanzwirt // Münster
Dipl.-Ingenieur // Köln
Prof. Dr. Hans-Michael Wolffgang
Head of Institute of Customs and International Trade Law // Münster