AWA FOREIGN TRADE ACADEMY
Team, locations, brands and more
AWA FOREIGN TRADE ACADEMY is one of Germany’s largest providers of seminars, workshops and events on all topics of foreign trade. Our range of seminars is complemented by e-learning programs such as distance-learning courses and webinars as well as in-house training tailored to the client’s individual needs. We train employees, managers and the managing directors of international companies in all aspects of foreign trade. Our seminars cover a wide range of topics (e.g. customs, export controls, VAT, compliance, preferential law, foreign trade management, contract law) and provide you with the latest specialist knowledge that will help you in your daily tasks.
Further Information about the AWA
Vision and Mission
AWA supports and promotes education and training in the fields of customs, taxation and foreign trade within the framework of lifelong learning. It focuses on the needs of employees in a global and multimedial society. It designs teaching materials that reflect the needs of professional practice. In performing their diverse tasks, AWA’s employees follow a strict code of conduct. Communication with clients and each other is based on fairness and respect, honest and openness; reliability is a fundamental requirement.
Our vision and mission are based on three pillars:
Content: Tax law, customs and foreign trade law, technology, communication, rhetoric.
Level: Our courses are tailored for all levels: from beginner to expert, office workers to board members. Their contents are continuously developed and updated.
Medium: Classroom training in small groups, conferences, coaching, e-learning, distance-learning, web-based training, self-study courses and materials.
- Provides expert training services tailored to the needs of employees working in foreign trade so that they may perform their daily tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Imparts sustainable knowledge, so that employees can work independently after training.
- Focusses on learning success.
- Uses state of the art media in its training services.
- Emphasises transparency and performs its services as agreed in the contract.
- Has a rigorous system of correction and improvement.
- Ensures its employees work in a pleasant environment and are given effective support.
- Strives for success in learning and in business
- Is economically independent. Its contents are independent of third-party commercial interests. It is managed from a business point of view.
- Is politically, ideologically and religiously neutral.
- Imparts knowledge and skills.
- Ensures that its contents and values reflect the current state of technology, science and research.
- Provides a pleasant teaching and learning environment with committed service.
- Provides trainers who are experts in their field and have proven teaching experience. They are familiar with current teaching media.
- Assumes social responsibility by providing financial support to charitable institutions.
- Promotes university research and teaching.
Founded in 1996 as a start-up company of Münster University, AWA is today one of Germany’s largest training providers in customs and foreign trade law. Starting with 3 employees and 8 seminar topics, AWA has developed into a company with 40 employees, approx. 90 seminar topics with locations in Münster and Munich as well as brands in Austria and Switzerland. Learn more about AWA's history.